Aubrey and Tessa Do the Internet
Tonight, while googling Pecos Bill, I found the Wikipedia page for fearsome critters, and nothing will ever be the same.
I guess the question now is do I quit Twitter or do I keep trying to chase this high for the rest of my life.
Geoff [sniffling]: Allergies are the worst.
Me: If it makes you feel any better, according to Twitter, Solange is also being aggravated by allergies this season.
Geoff: I thought you unfollowed Solange.
Me: OH MY GOD, NO, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Following the Winklevii on Twitter provides a hilariously unrewarding glimpse into the mind of two very boring people. So. If you’re into that.
How long do you think it’ll be before the government figures out that late night Twitter is probably a super effective interrogation technique?
A Repulsive Interactions Primer
I’ve curated a “Best Of” selection from approximately the last year’s worth of posts for new followers and anyone else who is interested:
- True answers I have given to questions about what I’m up to these days
- The Golden Age of Air Travel
- The Death of Nerd Culture
- In Which I Attempt To Talk About Tron: Legacy Without Also Talking About Black Swan And Fail Miserably
- Sloppy Scientists in H. P. Lovecraft
- The Best Ways to Watch Horror Movies
- Alternatives to “Say It With Flowers”
- A More Authentic Hot Nerd Pin-Up Calendar
- On Peggy Olson and Ugly Ducks
- In Which, As A Person Of The Internet, I Feel Obligated to Weigh In On The Social Network
- An Attempt To Wrap My head Around Flashdance
- On 3D Movies
- Tattoos I Would So Get
- On Never Letting ‘Em See You Sweat: The Alleged Comedy of Anne Hathaway
I also encourage you to check out my half-abandoned blog of essays about the San Fernando Valley (which is actually my primary Tumblr account due to “whoops” and also the good people of Tumblr still not having figured out how to let us change that, so if I follow you, it’s from that account), my old art blog, and my twitter.
Gonna start off this new era with some shameless self-aggrandizement (would it help if I told you I mispronounced the word “aggrandizement” until a year ago?). A more recent post not included on this list is this here essay on critics and criticism.
The beginning of the end of the beginning of an era
Hey everyone, it’s me, your pal Tessa Strain! Welcome to my new-old blog! It used to be about the San Fernando Valley, but those essays are moving over here now (that url should look familiar), possibly to be revisited by me (you of course are at your leisure to revisit them whenever). Don’t worry if some posts are missing right now—it’s all going to be moved thataway in time.
Meanwhile, all the sundries from my brain once found on Repulsive Interactions will be posted here from now on. Meaning, I’ll no longer have to juggle my valblog/repulsiveinteractions identities, to the confusion of all involved. Much more straightforward, no?
Anyway, moving my operation over here will be a bit of a process, so bear with me and give me a follow on Twitter if you want some stability while the transition is happening.